Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blue Skies Smiling at Me

...Nothing but blue skies from now on. Would that it were true.

Another blue weekend and not much Access work got done over here at GPG Manor.

It's funny how languages work (I'm thinking of English at the moment, of course, but every language has it's own quirks.)

For example, I was listening to Willie Nelson a bit ago and I got to thinking how ironic it is that we call it a blue day when there is no blue sky overhead, but it's also a gray day if the sky is gray. Explain that if you can.



Fool Hearted Memories

Nickels and dimes
Memories and wines
She's on his mind once again
The same old fool
...

But according to Willie the sky should be blue again maƱana.



Inevitable Robot Apocalyse

Of course, it's not all bad down here in Oregon. Yesterday, I found a YouTube video of my nephew's Ska band and had a good old time for nearly an hour. Skippy's still in High School, but he already has his own groupies, from what I hear.

Uh, no. I don't get their music exactly, but that's my sister's son behind the shades, for crying out loud. How much better can it get than that?



Just Your Old Rock, A'Rollin' Away

Oh, I did do a bit of Access related stuff this weekend. I updated the resources page at my website. Lots of great work out there. It was fun. I'm sure I left out way more than I found, but that's about all I had time for.

Next Time.