Sunday, July 26, 2009

Data Macros. How Hard Could It Be?

The last week has been a lot of fun. Like many of the people who have access to the Technical Preview (TP) release for Access 2010, I lost a few hours of sleep the first two or three days of the week.

However, over the last couple of days, it's begun to feel more like "business as usual". And I think that's a good thing. A very good thing.

The new "look and feel" are natural and intuitive and the improved ability to customize the ribbon really make it seem like an old friend with a few new tricks up it's sleeve. I'm looking forward to this version like never before.

True, I'm still trying to get comfortable with macros, and doing so is one of my personal goals here. Next time I'll try to have some successes to report with regard to the new data macros in A2010. "Data macros" appear to be corollaries to the triggers on SQL Server tables. I find SS triggers to be quite useful, so I'm really looking forward to mastering this tool for my first love, Access.

No Me Vuelvo a Enamorar

Oh, well. Es parte de la aventura.